Open today, 6:00am - 10:00pm
- (570) 343-8036
The Glider Diner dates back to the year 1945 when Chappy LeStrange and the late Gene Cosgrove, Sr. both just out of the service, formed a partnership to go into the restaurant business. They purchased an actual glider plane in Tobyhanna which came in parts housed in five wooden crates. They never did put the glider itself together. The instrument panel was sold to an amateur pilot in Clifford,n late 1945, the Glider Diner opened just in time for what Chappy and Gene thought would be an idea...