Open today, 11:00am - 10:00pm
- (404) 763-9980
College Park, Georgia was a planned community originally established in 1890 as the City of Manchester. In 1896, after Cox College and Conservatory, also known as Southern Female College, moved to Manchester from LaGrange, Georgia, the town was renamed College Park since it was not only the home of Cox College, but also Southern Military Academy. The name was chosen in a contest held by city officials. The winner, Lula Roper, also received a choice lot in the city.