Open today, 9:00am - 9:00pm
- (503) 925-1060
In 1956, a tiny widow from Ohio named Rose Naftalin moved to Portland and opened a small restaurant on NW 23rd Avenue. Rose spent the next 10 years in the kitchenâ€”where she insisted on preparing many of the entrÃ©es and desserts herself.Soon her authentic New York-style deli fare, pastries and cakes attracted throngs of locals. And as the word spread, out-of-towner visits to Portland werenâ€™t complete without a meal at Roseâ€™s. In 1966, Rose retired to write a cookbook and sold her namesa...