Open today, 11:00am - 9:30pm
- (858) 755-2274
It was immediately after World War II in 1946 that Tony and Catalina Gonzales decided to open a restaurant on the present site. Tony had just returned from military service and Catalina, who had contented herself with staying at home while Tony was away, persuaded him to allow her to open a Mexican restaurant right in his parents' home. Open at first only on weekends, the modest establishment could seat just 26 persons. Catalina did the cooking and Tony helped serve. Soon the word about their...